Hume Power Station is located at the Hume Weir on the Murray River upstream from Albury.
Initially the station had two 25MW units which were installed in 1957. Each unit was subsequently upgraded from 25MW to 29MW in 1986. Hume’s energy output can be sent to either New South Wales or Victoria or shared.
| || |
The station is linked into the high voltage grid by a 132kV transmission line to Albury Substation in NSW and by 66kV transmission line to Wodonga in Victoria.
Following a Generator Transformer failure and fire in September 2012, temporary Generator Transformers were installed which only allow generation to New South Wales. Replacement transformers with full capacity to supply New South Wales and Victoria are scheduled to be installed by April 2014.